SERVICES > MICROTUNNELLING
Since the 1990s, SCG has acquired a wealth of experience from the construction of numerous subway tunnels, cross-river tunnels, power cable tunnels, drainage tunnels and non-standard caliber shielded tunnels. Total installed length is more than 100km spread across China.
SCG holds the world record in microtunnelling having installed 2,080m of steel pipe in one run. As well for the largest diameter concrete pipe of 4,000mm ID installed using microtunnelling.
Tunnel Boring Machines (TBM)
SCG can design, manufacture and service TBM based on project specific soil conditions.
Types of TBM:
- Earth Pressure Balance
- Slurry Pressure Balance
- Earth/Air Pressure Balance
- Double-O-Tube Shield
- Adaptive to complex geological conditions
- Low failure rate
- No requirement for dewatering
- The operation has little impact on ground settlement and heave
- Safe for operation
The special air balance feature has been added to better control ground settlement when MTBM advances in the quicksand soil layer.
SCG Trenchless Tunnelling Projects
Small to Medium Diameter Shielded Tunnels
- Yangpu Power Plant River Crossing Water Circulation Tunnels (ID 2,900mm)
- Shanghai Lingang Gas Power Plant Water Circulation Tunnels (ID 3,600mm)
- Henzhen Reservoir Sewage Interceptor Line (ID 4,000mm)
- Sewage Treatment Plant Line (ID 4,200mm)
Large Diameter Shielded Tunnels
- Water Intake Tunnel for Sanmen Nuclear Power Plant (ID 7,260mm)
- Water Intake Tunnel for Qinshan Nuclear Power Plant Expansion (ID 8,280mm)
- Renmin Road and Long Yang Road River Crossing Tunnel (ID 11,580mm)
- Shanghai Light Rail Transit Line Sec. 11 (ID 11,580mm)